Spinach & Garlic Scape Salsa with Salmon
If scapes are not available from a specialty shop or farmer's market,
substitute with 1/2 cup of basil pesto. Serve with rice & roasted baby beets
for a beautiful color
2 cups spinach, rinsed & dried (preferably baby)
1/2 cup chopped garlic scapes
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 lbs salmon fillets, on the skin
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 servings | 20 minutes 15 mins prep
1. Place spinach, scapes& parmesan in food processor and pulse until mixture
2. With machine running, pour in olive oil.
3. Process until mixture is smooth.
4. Add butter, salt& pepper& mix.
5. If you didn?t ask the fish monger to slice the salmon into scallops (LONG
SLICES) then do it yourself by placing a carving knife at a 45 degree angle
and slice down through the raw salmon to the skin but NOT through it.
6. Now place your knife at a 45 degree angle& remove the scallops from the
skin; discard the skin.
7. Place the scallops on a plate& cut each long slice into 2 inch pieces.
8. Heat oil in nonstick skillet.
9. Season salmon& place flesh side down; fry 1 side only for 1 minute or
10. Flip salmon onto baking sheet, browned side up.
11. Spread some salsa on top of salmon.
12. Bake in preheated 450F oven for 1 or 2 minutes just until white juicesbegin to appear.