Pear Custard Pie
(modified from Food on the Brain's recipe)
4 medium bosc pears from Three Springs, peeled and sliced
1 unbaked pie crust
1/4 cup butter + 2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 white flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp kosher salt
a pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan. Once foaming has stopped, added sliced pears and cook until slightly softened.
3. While pears are cooking, cream butter and sugar then add in flour, eggs, vanilla, salt and nutmeg.
4. Place pears in the in pie shell and pour the butter/sugar/egg mixture over them
5. Bake for 50 minutes until set and the top is slightly browned. Make sure that the crust has been nicely browned (a glass pie plate is great for this)
Thank you, Ben!