* 2 TBSP Smith’s Creamery Butter
* 1/2 pound Baby Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
* 2 large Portabella mushrooms, slicesd
* 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
* 1/2 bunch fresh Parsley, chopped (stems removed)
* 3 stalks Swiss Chard, stems chopped, leaves cut into strips (set aside for later)
* 1 large Creole Tomato chopped
* 2 bay leaves
* 2 tbsp thyme
* 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*1 cup white wine
Mushroom ragout is perfect over rice or boiled potatoes. You can turn it into a sauce by adding an 1/8 cup of sour cream and blending on high for 3 minutes. Sauce can be used on pasta, as a pizza sauce, stuffing for pasta dishes, and the list goes on.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-low heat.
Add Butter to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
Add the onions, half of the parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Let sweat about 8 to 10 minutes (until lightly browned).
Add Swiss chard stalks, tomato, and 1/2 cup of white wine. Be sure to bring to a boil and then reduce to a slow simmer.
Add both Portabella and Shiitake mushrooms and saute until the liquid is released and they are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper, garlic, bay leaves, & thyme.
Carefully add the remaining wine and cook until it reduces by 3/4.
Check seasoning and serve over Campbell Farms Popcorn Rice or potatoes.