Recipe courtesy of Chef April Neujean of ESYNOLA
½ stick Butter
4 Shallots, sliced
3 cloves Garlic
6 (8oz.) packages Shitake Mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
¼ Cup fresh Thyme + more for garnish
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
1 Cup Dry White Wine
8 oz. Creole Cream Cheese
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2 loaves French Bread, thinly sliced
¼ cup Olive Oil
2 (5 oz.) logs Goat Cheese
2 Tablespoons sliced Chives
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add shallots and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, ¼ cup thyme, salt, and pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add white wine and continue to cook over medium-high heat until all liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer mushrooms to a blender. Add Creole cream cheese, Worcestershire, Dijon, and blend until creamy.
- Meanwhile, brush bread slices with olive oil and cook on parchment-lined baking sheets at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes until crispy and golden. Let cool.
- Top each crostini with a tablespoon mushroom pate. Garnish with a teaspoon of goat cheese, a thyme tip, and a sprinkle of chives.