Arugula Salad with Oranges and Candied Walnuts
Recipe Courtesy of Katie Bingham
2 oranges, zested then supremed (reserve juice for dressing)
1/2 cup candied walnuts
3 cups Arugula
1/4 cup Steen's Cane Vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon creole mustard
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoon butter
pinch of salt
1. To candy walnuts, preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in an oven proof pan. Add walnuts, coat walnuts with butter. Add sugar and salt. Place in oven for 5-7 minutes. Mix up walnuts at least once while baking. Allow to cool before adding to salad. Store extra in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
2. Zest oranges. Mix zest with vinegar, honey, mustard and soy sauce for the salad dressing.
3. Supreme oranges over a bowl. Add supremes to the arugula. Add any juices to the dressing mixture.
4. Mix dressing ingredients together. Whisk in olive oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Dress arugula and oranges with the vinaigrette. Sprinkle walnuts on top of individual salads.