Recipe courtesy of Katie Bingham
1 yellow squash, cut lengthwise ¼ inch
1 tomato, cut ¼ inch
1/4 spring onion, cut ¼ inch
1 bell pepper, cut into finger size pieces
1 garlic clove, minced
8 shitake caps
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 whole wheat buns
- Preheat oven to 450. Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and mix up.
- Lay out veggies in a single layer on cooling rack.
- Bake 10 minutes until cooked through and kind of brown and bubbly.
- Toast buns in hot oven. Slather with you favorite condiments. I used mayo and Creole mustard.
- Stack veggies on. Add cheese or lettuce, if wanted.