Another yummy, light, and healthy recipe from our registered dietician/food blogger/CSA supporter/local food advocate friend at Cold Cereal & Toast! Her recipe, as written by the master chef herself, can be found here.
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Three Springs Fruit Farm Apple Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees. Line cookie sheets with silicone liners, nonstick foil, or parchment paper. Alternatively, use ungreased cookie sheets to bake your cookies.
- In a medium size bowl whisk the flours, spices, baking soda, and salt until well blended and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar and honey with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in the egg and applesauce then stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake until light brown around the edges and toothpick comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack with a spatula.
It's just that easy! For more insights and delicious recipes, you can follow CC&T on Twitter, @newRDcook